The good people over at Auto Express have managed to work out a pretty awesome deal with Aston Martin. Us peasant folk have the opportunity to design our ultimate dream Q by Aston Martin V12 Vantage S, and in return the winner will get a full render of their model by Aston's Chief Creative officer Marek Reichman himself, as well as a trip to meet him and tour the company's headquarters.
So, how do you take part? It's really straightforward. Simply send us your interpretation of the V12 Vantage S – inside and out – with an explanation of your thinking and the kind of features you want to showcase.
Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/aston-martin/8…
The top image is my own render of what a James Bond edition V12 Vantage might look like - a sort of 'ultimate Bond fan car' I guess. The changes, modifications, and details I've done are:
- A bespoke "Gunmetal Grey" color, mimicking that of the original Bentley from the novels
- A DB10-styled grille
- DP-100 Gran Turismo concept-styled wheels, which resemble the famous gun-barrel logo
- V12 Vanquish-styled fog lights
- A Lotus Esprit style ski rack for when Bond is in the Alps
- Subtle 007 Logo just above the front wheels
- Gun-barrel inspired custom taillights
- Golden Aston Badges
- A "White Tuxedo" effect car cover
- Black leather with Navy Blue suede accents (Bond is a Commander, after all)
- Carbon fiber dash and door accessories
- Golden type and edged dials throughout the cabin
- Custom Omega Seamaster analog watch face, just as Bond wears
- Custom luggage / accessories include a Aston poker set and a From Russia With Love-style attache case
For more details on the contest and how to enter, go to Auto Express' article here. For a full list of rules and requirements, they also have it listed out here. The contest is for UK residents only, but you have to pay your own way so I may try anyway.
Good luck! And if you win, let us know at tips @ jalopnik . com